Thursday, December 12, 2013

Oven-Baked BBQ Ribs

Fall-Off-The-Bone-Ribs




Circa 1978

I'm currently going through my very old recipes and getting them onto my computer so that I can start a binder. They were originally done up on my typewriter. Oh yes.That contraption with the annoying little bell that dings when you get to the end of each row!

My recipes! 



Must be a favorite.  It's covered in splatters!

This particular recipe was given to me by a friend who had three boys, each a year apart. This lady had to be organized. Many of her meals used very few ingredients, had a short prep time and could be popped into the oven. This is one of my favorites.


BBQ Ribs

1 1/2 - 2 lbs ribs
1/2 C onions, chopped
1 C water
3/4 C ketchup
1 Tablespoon HP Sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar, not packed
1 Tablespoon flour

Brown the ribs on medium-high, add the onions and turn the heat to medium. Pop the ribs and onions into an oven-proof pot. Whisk the remaining ingredients together, pour them in the frying pan and heat the sauce while stirring. Pour it over the ribs, cover and bake at 300-350F for 1 1/2 - 2 hours (I've never had to cook them the full two hours). 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325F works best in my oven.



Great with rice and veggies. Enjoy! 

Have a great day!

Val

1 comment:

  1. With all my kids I need a recipe as simple as this! Thanks for sharing, and good luck with your binder. Oh, and stay warm I can't believe how cold it is where you are! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and have a Merry Christmas Val!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...